Local SEO is often over looked when working with larger brands as it has a reputation of being a small business tactic, however there are huge benefits to be head if your businesses website is locally optimised.
This article will go through a number of tips to ensure your business is visible locally including on page optimisation, off site optimisation and some more advanced (outside the box) techniques.
Why Local SEO?
- Completing your GMB profile increases the likeliness of a user visiting by 38% and makes users 29% more likely to purchase or enquire.
- “Near Me” searches have increased dramatically over the past 3 years
On Site Tips
- Include the NAP (Name, Address & Phone Number) on every page and mark them up with Schema.
- Put the city you’re targeting in your title tag
- Put the city in your H1 tag
- Include the city in your page body content, but don’t keyword stuff
- Include the city in your image alt tags
- Create local pages for physical locations
Off Site Tips
- Claim your Google My Business (GMB) listing and optimise it to it’s full potential
- Ensure your business is on Yelp as yelp powers Apple maps
- Build citations from relevant directories
- Domain Authority doesn’t matter
- Keep your businesses NAP consistent across every website
- Use your competitor’s backlinks to find relevant local directories to place your business.
- Get a local phone number
- Make your blog active and post about local topics (if you need help on local content ideas then check out this post – http://www.autorevo.com/blog/ideas-for-local-website-content)
- Create local content hubs on your website, but ensure you read your content out loud before publishing it.
- Get links from local businesses, whether that’s a local school or sports team due to sponsorship or a charity event, they all help in local search.