About the role
Blue Digital are on the lookout for an experienced and enthusiastic mid-level WordPress developer to join their talented team. Working alongside a small but perfectly formed group of digital experts, our ideal developer would be skilled in WordPress and PHP and have a passion for both. A desire to develop your skillset is essential and previous digital agency experience would be expected.
- Working on a variety of exciting projects including WordPress B2C and B2B websites, static and woocommerce.
- You will ideally have front-end and back-end development skills.
- An eye for good design would be an advantage as you will be working closely with our design team.
- Experience updating client websites and solving support issues would be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years commercial WordPress experience.
- You should have experience working with technologies/tools such as PHP/Composer, Node/Webpack, CSS/SASS and WordPress Bedrock/Sage theme.
- Strong PHP skills and experience.
- Knowledge of version control.
- Experience with deployment tools such as Git.
- Knowledge of MySQL would be an advantage.
Why Blue Digital?
We are passionate about our people and developing our culture is a key part of who we are. We love the buzz we all get from fantastic work and encourage and celebrate great results. We create an environment that enables everyone to be the best that they can be and continually invest to be at the forefront of what we do.
We have a simple set of core values, essential for our success; Dedication, Imagination and Passion. Does this sound like you?
We also offer a number of great perks …
- Flexible working hours with work-at-home days. (even after Covid!)
- Superb working environment with free parking.
- Healthcare scheme.
- Individual personal development scheme.
- Private pension.
- Group life Insurance.
- Great social events.
- Annual bonus sharing in our success.
… oh, and as much tea and coffee as you can drink!
Polite notice to recruitment professionals
If we’re not already talking to you please note that there is no need to send us any CV’s as we only use our current preferred agencies with which we have preferential rates. Any CV’s submitted to us before any agreement is in place will be deemed to be the sole property of Blue Digital and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Our current working pattern is a mixture of home and office based working. We have extra safety measures within the office, including extra cleaning, sanitising equipment, staggered working hours and social distancing to ensure we keep our staff safe.