What we are looking for
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Digital PR & Content Strategist looking to make their next move in a growing Digital Agency.
This is a new role within the company reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing, we are looking for someone who could develop into the Head of PR within 1 – 2 years.
The Digital PR Strategist will be responsible for client’s PR, creating relevant coverage whether through creative digital PR campaigns, newsjacking and leveraging media contacts. The strategist will also be responsible for content creation for client’s websites and for press releases.
You will ideally have a track record of implementing successful content strategies and PR campaigns that have had a positive impact on driving website traffic and rankings.
• Brainstorming content marketing assets
• Implementing targeted PR strategies
• Attending client pitches to sell-in PR and help support new business
• Building relationships with journalists and key media outlets
• Researching trends and pitching creative ideas to clients
• Media monitoring for relevant opportunities for clients
• Use of PR software databases, distribution and reporting platforms
• Working with creative, development and marketing teams to develop campaigns
• Promote our clients’ content, pitch stories ideas to journalists, bloggers and influencers to gain media coverage and backlinks
• Content campaign planning and implementation
• Producing ideas around content production for clients
• Creation of content calendars
• Manage the creation of copy internally and externally (clients and freelancers)
• Writing press releases and client website content
The must haves
• Minimum of 2 years in digital PR/SEO either in house or agency side
• Be creative and able to spot ideas, angles and opportunities with content
• An understanding of what makes a good quality link
• A black book of media contacts and social influencers would be desirable
• Strong communication skills
• Experience researching trends and competitors
• A keen interest in digital marketing keeping up with all the latest news
• Good written and spoken English
• Content & creative writing skills
Why Blue Digital?
We are passionate about our people and developing our culture is a key part of who we are. We love the buzz we all get from fantastic work and encourage and celebrate great results. We create an environment that enables everyone to be the best that they can be and continually invest to be at the forefront of what we do.
We have a simple set of core values, essential for our success;
Passion, Imaginative and Caring. Does this sound like you?
We also offer a number of great perks …
• Flexible working hours and working at home days (even after Covid!)
• Superb office environment with free parking.
• Healthcare scheme.
• Individual personal development scheme.
• Private pension.
• Group life Insurance.
• Great social events.
• Free fruit.
• Annual bonus, sharing in our success.
… oh, and as much tea and coffee as you can drink!
Our current working pattern is a mixture of home and office based working. We have extra safety measures within the office, including extra cleaning, sanitising equipment, staggered working hours and social distancing to ensure that we keep our staff safe.